Names of Insurance Carriers and Their Elective-Abortion Coverage:
- Hawaii Medical Service Association (12): All plans cover elective abortion (2021 plan documents).
- Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, Inc. (11): All plans cover elective abortion (2021 plan documents)
Summary: There are 23 Individual plans offered by two insurance carriers for 2021 on the Hawaii exchange. There are no new Insurance Carriers for 2021 in Hawaii.
In 2021, 100% of plans on the federally-facilitated marketplace in Hawaii cover elective abortion. Since the first open enrollment period in 2014, Hawaii’s marketplace has never offered any Individual/Family plan that excludes elective abortion.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns you may have regarding Hawaii’s lack of abortion-free healthcare options.
Exchange is part of the Federally-Facilitated Marketplace (F) or State-Run (S): F
State Exchange Elective Abortion Opt-Out: No
Number of 2021 Insurance Carriers: 2
- Total Number of Plans: 23
- Number of Plans that Cover Elective Abortion: 23
- Number of Plans that Do Not Cover Elective Abortion: 0
- Number of Plans with Unknown Coverage: 0
Red= covers elective abortion,
Orange= some plans cover elective abortion or unknown
Green= does not cover elective abortion
*Bold denotes that this Insurance Carrier is new to the 2021 Marketplace
KITV4: More people signing up for Obamacare despite its uncertain fate (November 12, 2020)
Hawai‘i Department of Human Services: Federal Marketplace Open Enrollment Period Begins Nov. 1 and continues until Dec. 15 for Health Insurance Coverage to Begin January 2021 (October 27, 2020)